Terms and Conditions of participation for the competition:
The information provided by entrants will only be used in the ways outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
● Continental Tyres Australia, 2 Scholar Drive, Bundoora, Victoria 3083, ABN 50 136 883 148
● Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
● If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
The promotion runs from 10 June 2022 and closes 17 July 2022 (the Promotional Period). Any entry received after the promotional period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
● Entry to the promotion is open to residents in Australia only. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation. An entrant must be aged 13 years or over. Permission from a parent or guardian is required prior to entering the promotion if the entrant is under 18 years of age.
● Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Continental Tyres may in its absolute discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
● Customers can enter the competition one time only and will go into the entry upon submitting an entry form.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, entrants must do all of the following:
1. Enter via the Continental Tyres Australia promotions page
2. Fill out the entry form and tell us in 25 words or less: “Tell us in 25 words or less, who your local footy bald star is and why?”
● Total prize is a signed and framed Continental bald stars AFL guernsey, valued at $600 AUD.
● The prize is not transferable for cash and no substitutions are allowed.
● Prize includes delivery to a registered Australian street address Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm and cannot be delivered to a PO Box.
● Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
● If the prize is unclaimed, it will be forfeited. There will be no second chance draws.
● Continental Tyres accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value from day to day during the promotion period. The prize or any unused portion of the prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
● The draw will take place at 2 Scholar Drive, Bundoora, Victoria 3083, Australia.
● This is a game of skill with the winner selected based on their response.
● The winner of the prize will be selected at the conclusion of the promotional period and announced on 18 July 2022.
● Winner will be notified via the contact details supplied on entry. It is the sole responsibility of entrants to check their email to see if they are the winner in order to claim their prize.
● The Winner will have 14 days from notification that they are the winner to claim their prize. If the prize is unclaimed or the winning entrant is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions within 14 days of notification, the prize will be forfeited. There will be no second chance prize draw.
● All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner.
● The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
● Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period; it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
● By submitting the entrant’s entry to Continental Tyres, the entrant grants Continental Tyres and its licensees and assignees exclusive rights in the entrant’s entry and all other material provided by the entrant to Continental Tyres pursuant to this promotion at any time.
● Continental Tyres reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of Continental Tyres, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or Continental Tyres. Continental Tyres reserves the right to disqualify the winner if Continental Tyres becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
● The entrant agrees that Continental Tyres may use the entrant’s entry and any personal details provided to Continental Tyres for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media without notice and without any fee being paid to the entrant, subject to any privacy laws.
● Continental Tyres reserves the right to vary these conditions at any time. Continental Tyres does not assume any liability for loss or damages caused in taking out this prize.
● In the event that a prize, or an element of a prize, is/are not available for any reason, Continental Tyres reserves the right to substitute prize in its discretion to equal or greater recommended retail value, subject to state law.
● Continental Tyres is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of participating in this promotion or accepting the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
● Continental Tyres is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. Continental Tyres assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
● Continental Tyres takes no responsibility if the prize is damaged or lost in transit. Once the prize has left Continental Tyres’ premises, Continental Tyres will not be responsible for any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the prize.
● If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Continental Tyres, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, Continental Tyres reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
● In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; Continental Tyres may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
● Continental Tyres reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of age, identity and residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of Continental Tyres. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, Continental Tyres reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
● The Promoter collects personal information about entrants to include entrants in the promotion and where appropriate, award the prize. If any information requested by the Promoter is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees that the Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to State and Territory lottery departments and that the winner's name and locality will be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any personal information should be directed to the Promoter at the address stated.
● Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Conditions of Entry. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry.
● Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
● All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed when shared on the entrant’s personal social media pages, or at the discretion of the Promoter.
No entrant or winning entry will be awarded to employees of Continental Tyres, or employees of associated organisations such as agency staff or other owned businesses.